2013 Championship Schedule
Round 1 - Mount Panorama, Bathurst. (Won by Nathan Morcom)
Round 2 - Symmons Plains, Tasmania (Won by Tim Macrow)
Round 3 - Hidden Valley, Darwin (Won by Nick Foster)
Round 4 - Sydney Motorsport Park, NSW (Won by John Magro)
Round 5 - Queensland Raceway, QLD (Won by Tim Macrow)
Round 6 - Phillip Island, VIC - 20th-22nd September
Round 7 - Sandown Raceway, VIC - 15th-17th November
Formula 3 in Australia
The Formula 3 Australian Drivers Championship is Australia's key 'wings and slicks' racing championship, melding the international reputation of 'Formula Three' with the more than 55-year history of the Australian Drivers Championship and CAMS Gold Star award.
The result is a fiercely competitive, affordable championship that boasts current technology and the quickest racing cars in the country.
Drivers from more than ten nations including some of Australia's finest young talent, have passed through Australian Formula 3 not only showcasing its ability to provide young drivers with the best proving ground for their talents, but enhancing the competition as well.
The Formula 3 Australian Drivers Championship is managed by Formula 3 Management Pty. Ltd, a company formed with the sole purpose of promoting and growing 'Wings and Slicks' racing in Australia.
There are no ulterior motives, no other business agendas - just the competitive functioning of a premier open wheel category.
The four key factors that make up the mission statement of Formula 3 Management are:
- Provide the most cost-effective championship possible.
- Offer the most competitive racing possible
- Promote a championship that participates on the best circuits and biggest Events
- Offer the best 'training base' for drivers seeking to progress their career, OR a stable platform for drivers to simply enjoy driving the best racing cars in Australia.
The result of this hard work is a championship that offers the best balance of the four key criteria above yet seen in an Australian ‘Wings and Slicks’ Championship.
For full Australian Drivers Championship History - Click Here.
Key events include;
- Mount Panorama, Bathurst; Formula 3 made its debut at Bathurst in 2012 and it was an instant hit – generating significant media exposure for the championship and the Bathurst Motor Festival event of which it is part. Formula 3 cars are now clearly the fastest racing cars around the famous circuit and this naturally leads to significant ‘industry chatter’ to compliment the media and exposure that goes with it.
Formula 3 has solidified it’s place on the Mountain each Easter and will return in 2014.
- Darwin, SKYCITY Triple Crown; Formula 3 Management has a three-year ongoing agreement with NT Major Events to be part of the annual SKYCITY Triple Crown V8 Supercar event at Hidden Valley Raceway in Darwin.
This event now forms a key annual event on the F3 calendar. F3 races for the City of Darwin Cup – a race that has become the key lead-in to the major V8 Supercar race at the event.
F3 will continue to return to this high-profile major event for the next three years.
- Shannons Australian Motor Racing Nationals; Formula 3 is a key category in Shannons Nationals events – the ‘second tier’ tour of national level racing categories – but one that offers F3 essentially headlining status and expanded marketing, branding and promotional opportunities than other events.
Downlod the full 2013 Formula 3 Series Information Guide below:
(Click the image above to open interactive e-magazine)